We are currently looking for a:
Junior IT Technician
BlackBox Connections is a complete technology solution provider. We are 100% committed to making sure business owners have the most reliable and professional IT service in Calgary.
-Back Up & Disaster Recovery
The Desktop Support Consultant must provide exceptional interpersonal skills as well as onsite software/hardware technical support to staff in collaboration with a great understanding of deploying computer hardware.
• Remote monitoring & configuration of Workstations & Servers
• Respond to and take ownership of client technical support requests
• Work closely with team members regarding client issues and issue resolution
• Assist in providing technical support for remote workstations, printers and software issues
• Edit & create process documentation
• Account for actions using Autotask
• Organizes and prioritizes workload
• Demonstrates strong verbal and written English skills with the ability to communicate clearly with clients by phone, in person and in writing
• Offers exceptional customer service
• Thinks logically in order to analyze and troubleshoot problems
• Remains calm and works efficiently in stressful circumstances
• Works as part of a team as well as self-motivated
Required Technical Skills
• Windows OS
• Computer hardware/software troubleshooting
• Wireless infrastructure
• Active Directory
• Help desk or computer/network support and troubleshooting experience.
• Experience supporting one or more of the following: Office 365, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012/2008, 2012 Hyper-V, SQL
• Post-Secondary education in a computer related discipline such as a Computer Engineering or Technology diploma. Alternatively, an appropriate combination of education and experience would be considered.
• A+, MCSE, MCITP and other industry certifications are desirable.
• Compensation for this role will be based on the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
• You will require your own reliable automobile for this position.